Tuesday, October 25, 2011

An insider's look at the first month of college.

Hello there blog world. Long time no write. (I love being cliche) :)

College has been my for just over a month. I seriously can't believe that it's been that long! I'm half-way through the quarter! Midterms are happening this week! I'm feeling so collegiate.
I would assume you want some sort of update, so I'll try to give you one. I warn you though, there may be little organization to these thoughts. Someday I hope to be a writer that makes sense, but today is not that day.
Let me give you a list of a few things I've learned:
1) God is good. I already knew this, of course, but it especially shows in the way He orchestrated where and with whom I am living.
2) I'm love learning! I get irritated at times with homework and scheduling, but it pays off. (Of course, I'm paying for it paying off...)
3) It is incredibly important to be present and be content. If I'm in class, if I'm relaxing (or being crazy) on the floor and spending time with the girls, if I'm watching TV, or if I'm studying, I need to be absorbed and invested in those things. I don't need to feel guilty when I'm relaxing (if it's time to relax) and I should be committed to focusing when I'm studying.
4) The walk up to Ashton hurts everyday. Enough said.
5) There must be almost as many squirrels on campus. I have a theory that there is a secret  underground university on campus just for squirrels. I've yet find concrete evidence to support that yet, but we'll see.


Okay, I'm signing out. I'll just leave you with this last comment: Engage the Culture, Change the World. Yeah, that's right.

2 comments:

  1. Squirrel Pacific University, the subterranean labyrinth of learning where dorm is full of nuts.

    ReplyDelete